In Conmputer the main components causing problems are Power supply , Mother board, RAM, Hard Disc
- When we switch on the computer the lights on the keyboard blink once. It is a very general and a good way to assume that CPU is working fine.
- When the computer is switched on and light on the CPU becomes red and computer beeps consistently and nothing is diplayed it means some problem with the RAM.
- In case there is some problem with the motherboard thaen there can be various troubles: Computer will not start at all. computer hangs too much, nothing is diplayed on the monitor. In case motherboard is few years old then you will see capacitors on the motherboard which have been bulging or some electrolyte coming out of it. In case motherboard is not working then do not try to chnage arious pins etc or check capacitors. Customer care is the best option.
- Sometimes (very very rare) there is a problem wit the processor (pentium IV, dual core etc) . It is place below the fan. The simple way to check if processor is right is that, remove the fan, run the comp for 5 seconds and switch off, then touch the processor by hand. It would be quiet hot. But 99.99% chances are that processor would be fine.
- One big problem is power supply : The various symptomes includes, as soon as you switch on, the MCB of the main switch goes down or there is a sound of spark etc. Computer does not boot at all. Comnputer doesnot boot at all in case of faulty motherboard.
- Hard Disc : If hard disc is faulty then you can verify using various softwares available in the market/internet. Defragment the hard drive, recover the bad sectors. But there can be some other serious problems too.
- The best way to check faulty parts of the computer is that you should have another CPU.
- In case there is problem with hard disc, motherboard and processor and if it is in warranty period - the best thing is to get it reparied/replaced from customer care.